Current Monday Event
TRAC stug77

Re: General Discussion

Postby TRAC stug77 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 am

Any help would be appreciated 👍

Rally Cap

Postby Rally Cap » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm

I was telling this to T as well. Tuning makes a massive difference and in a series where everyone is a capable driver. There's usually a couple public tunes up at any given time you can use. Right now there's one from Flex and one from me that are public. A lot of guys, most, are running one of these tunes with some exceptions. It's also a good idea to jump in and practice with us during the week, we do a lot of tune and test and you're always welcome to join. That's it really, trying to get your times and tune sorted on race day is a tall order if you want to be up front. Keep in mind, when I started with these guys I got lapped every race, they had to add a lap for me because the drivertars(sp) would wreck me off the track in my final lap....that's humbling! Just stay with it!

TRAC stug77

Postby TRAC stug77 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm

I was telling this to T as well. Tuning makes a massive difference and in a series where everyone is a capable driver. There's usually a couple public tunes up at any given time you can use. Right now there's one from Flex and one from me that are public. A lot of guys, most, are running one of these tunes with some exceptions. It's also a good idea to jump in and practice with us during the week, we do a lot of tune and test and you're always welcome to join. That's it really, trying to get your times and tune sorted on race day is a tall order if you want to be up front. Keep in mind, when I started with these guys I got lapped every race, they had to add a lap for me because the drivertars(sp) would wreck me off the track in my final lap....that's humbling! Just stay with it!

That's good to know mate cheers I was using flex tune last night couldn't see yours up there mate. So you run the same tune for the whole season and not have track specific tunes?
I think I've just dropped off after my 4th place finish at lime rock lol

Tiggerwoo

Postby Tiggerwoo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Done 100 laps or so and stuck consistent 23/24 so not great but track is so much fun for a change

Rally Cap

Postby Rally Cap » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 pm

That's good to know mate cheers I was using flex tune last night couldn't see yours up there mate. So you run the same tune for the whole season and not have track specific tunes?
I think I've just dropped off after my 4th place finish at lime rock lol
I usually have my own base tune and I tweak it as needed. I don't make them all public usually just the base tune. Sometimes a base tune just hits and works for most all tracks, this season Flex's tune is like that just a great all around tune. I had one in the MX5 Cup that seemed to work everywhere, so there's no one answer. The best thing is to do your own tunes but if someone else has a better public tune jump on it. I used Flex's tune at Homestead even though I had one of my own that I liked, his was a little better. Some people won't make their tunes public which I get, I just feel like so many people helped me get faster that I'm happy to help other people be more competitive and have more fun. I will be sure to make my most recent tune public for the next race but the base Flex tune is ace.

TRAC stug77

Postby TRAC stug77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:14 am

The base flex tune worked great at long beach there I was just unlucky.....but at Watkins I just couldn't match anyone's pace.
Unfortunately I just don't get tuning never have and I think it's a big disadvantage but hey ho.

GTR Visixn

Postby GTR Visixn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:02 pm

I tried several times for Watkins and ran virtually the same time in all. The biggest thing that would help you improve is if you used manual clutch. You don't need it in race cars but in lower classed road cars I can't emphasise enough just how much of a difference it makes

TRAC stug77

Postby TRAC stug77 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:22 pm

I tried several times for Watkins and ran virtually the same time in all. The biggest thing that would help you improve is if you used manual clutch. You don't need it in race cars but in lower classed road cars I can't emphasise enough just how much of a difference it makes
Yeah I was using manual with clutch mate almost certain I was as noticed the difference back at lime rock

TRAC stug77

Postby TRAC stug77 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:29 pm

So what's the lap times I should be aiming for at Sonoma short?

Tiggerwoo

Postby Tiggerwoo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 pm

23's at least

Return to “Clio Cup Season 1”